Sunday, January 16, 2011

Reflections on Week 1

Weigh In:  Start - 293  Today - 281
Weight Loss to date: 12 pounds

Wow 12 pounds!  I've lost 12 pounds this week, I'm pretty proud of that.  Now before everyone thinks I'm advocating quick weight loss, let me just explain that for me, 12 pounds isn't that big of a deal for the first week.  First, I'm tall at 5'10", and you can't even tell I've lost the 12 pounds.  Secondly, most of it is water weight.  I'm finally fitting in the right amount of water each day, so I'm properly hydrated so my body isn't retaining a lot of fluid.  Thirdly, I made a pretty drastic change to my diet by cutting out fast food.  Finally, I have a pretty high starting weight as you can see above, which means the amount of calories I require to maintain 293 pounds is pretty high...well over 2000, and I cut my calories to around 1500-1800 a day.

Now, how did I do with my Week 1 challenges?

No Fast Food
I did really well with this, though I had to really fight the urge to get a cheeseburger this past Tuesday.  I fought the urge and won, so I'm pretty proud of that.  I have also found I really enjoy bringing my lunch from home.  I don't feel miserable after I eat a meal from home like I did with fast food.  One thing I need to make sure I can do is create an environment where I can't find an excuse to run out for a burger for lunch.  To do this, I am keeping Lean Cuisine meals in the freezer, and a couple of non-refridgerated options in my desk drawer at work. 

Journaling
I have really struggled with this one.  At first I was just writing everything down at the end of the day...bad idea.  I would invariably forget things, or I would have to estimate the amounts.  As a result, my journal was grossly inaccurate.  I am now weighing food and writing it down either while I am cooking, or before I sit down to eat.

Water
Wow.  Who would have ever thought, drinking water would be this hard?  Not me.  I am having a hard time getting the water in, but I'm doing it.  I have found that drinking a juice glass of water at least every hour.  This is especially helpful at work.  If I drink a juice glass of water per hour every hour I am at work, by the end of the day I've gotten all my water in. 

Exercise
While I won't be running a marathon anytime soon, I am getting some exercise in everyday.  Lately, I have managed 10 minutes on the treadmill and 3 minutes on the ab circle.  Today my husband and I took our son to the park, and while he played and his father supervised, I walked a mile.  I did have to stop half way through, but I got the full mile in.  I think I could have made the full mile without stopping, but exercise apparently affects my bladder and it was an emergency pit stop.

The week to come....
This week I'm going to concentrate on the following challenges:
  • Continue with the past week's challenges
  • Increase my treadmill time to a minimum of 15 minutes per day

9 comments:

  1. Heya! Great idea, I find making these types of lists of goals really helpful. :)

    Do you track on www.sparkpeople.com? I love it there. If you do, add me as a friend, Alicia0099

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, way to go you! water weight or not, a 12 pound difference is a big deal! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get it Girl!!! 12lbs is a big deal, don't let yourself think for any reason that its not!

    Keep it up with the exercise. I'm 5'2 and a month ago I was almost 200lbs. It is HARD work to do a mile on the treadmill. You might want to switch to an elliptical if you can - it will be easier on your knees, shins, and back. You will probably be able to do 20 minutes as opposed to 10, because there is less impact. I know that when I first started working out I would get terrible pain in the arches of my feet, and slight pain in my shins from walking a mile. However I could do about 2 miles on the elliptical without any pain.

    Anyhow, I hope this doesn't sound too pushy. I know that this is a great challenge... if you have any questions or anything let me know!

    - Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must claim Now i am certainly Phentermine pleased using this hottest knowledge in weight loss, this can be completely incredible, by domain flipping improved when i Phentermine had visited Phentermine. Prefer a lean body, you should check out that will as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To Get Access To The Venus Factor System Click On The Link



    For Natural Fat Loss Click On The Link



    TO Get Rid Of Fat Naturally Click On The Link



    For Natural Fat Loss Click On The Link

    ReplyDelete
  6. In looking back over the last year, I have come up with five words which I think perfectly describe my journey so far.
    Fat Loss research

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my very first time that I am visiting here and I’m truly pleasurable to see everything at one place4 minute abs review

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are better suited for illuminating an area as opposed to a light bulb. For more ideal details about vevazz lasers, visit this link.

    ReplyDelete